Tierra West to Develop New Five-Year Economic Development Plan for City of UplandSeptember 1, 2019 - 2 minutes read
Tierra West Advisors is thrilled to announce its upcoming collaboration with the City of Upland on a new five-year economic development plan.
The City’s economic challenges stem in large part from the structure of the local economy, which is dominated by a few major employers and small retail and local service businesses. To address the need for diversification of the local economy and job creation, the City of Upland retained Tierra West to prepare an economic development strategy and action plan that would assist the City to prepare for the future needs of its residents.
As such, the City of Upland in collaboration with Tierra West Advisors partnered to:
1. Conduct background research which would identify goals and objectives for a Five-Year action plan,
2. Review the existing consumer demographics and household socioeconomic data, labor force and employment characteristics, real estate trends, consumer demand and market supply and respective trade area maps, and other key economic data essential for developing the Five-Year Economic Development Action Plan (“Action Plan”),
3. Develop a Five-Year Economic Development Action Plan,
4. Prepare a community profile to provide insight into Upland’s market area, community characteristics and economic indicators,
5. Develop a marketing packet to be used for business and retailer attraction efforts,
6. Assist with City retailer and business attraction efforts,
7. Conduct a market study for Historic Downtown Upland.
This Action Plan is intended to provide guidance and a framework to the proactive approach taken by the City with regards to its economic development efforts. Tierra West will be sharing more about this exciting partnership in the near future, and cannot wait to get to work with the City of Upland!